Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 7, 2011

DIY "Hot-dry Noodle" - my favorite breakfast :)

Hot-dry noodle is one of my favorite breakfast in my hometown (Wuhan, China). It's so popular that everyone knows about it. I absolutely love it!!!

What is it made of? and who invent this delicious dish? The legend of hot-dry noodle goes back to early 20th century. A local food seller named "Li Bao" is selling noodles for a living. You know, the summer in Wuhan is extremely hot. One day, Mr. Li had a lot of left-over noodles. Being afraid of them getting bad, he drained the cooked noodles and left them on the cutting board to dry. Accidentally, he broke some oil container, the sesame oil was poured on to the noodles. There is nothing he can do. So he mixed the noodles and oil together and continued to dry them. The next morning, Mr. Li put the oil-mixed noodles into boiling water, drained, and added spices. It smells so good that all the neighbors rushed to buy his noodles, which later becomes his signature dish "hot-dry noodle".


It is really difficult to find similar type of noodle here. I searched all the supermarket, the only close noodle I found is actually spaghetti. Another necessary ingredient is sesame paste and sesame oil. I also added pickled radish, minced green onions, and soy sauce. YUMMY! Although the flavor is not 100% original, I am quite satisfied. I really can't ask for more :P

No comments:

Post a Comment